1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1 Lightly-Armed Emil
- Product code: 100-SH72454
- EAN code: 8594071088194
- Availability:In stock 2-4 pc(s) Show availability on shops
- Manufacturer: Special Hobby
In the first two years of World War Two, the Messerschmitt Bf 109E was arguably among the top fighter aeroplanes of the world, if not the very best of them. The type was produced in two major varieties differing by their armament – the so-called lightly-armed type and those with heavier punch. The former was fitted with four machine guns, two of them above the engine, the other two in the wings, the production gave versions E-1, E-5 and E-6.
This kit is a follow up to the E-3 and E-4 versions of Special Hobby Bf 109E kits which have recently been awarded the Model of the Year 2021 prize. It comes on two grey styrene sprues, one clear parts sprue and the decal sheet brings markings for four interesting machines operated by the Luftwaffe. The picked schemes offers machines flown by such ace fighter pilots as were Fritz Losigkeit who spent some time during the war flying in Japan and H.Trautloft, there is also a machine in two shades of green wearing a witch emblem under the cockpit and a machine of JG2 commanding officer Obers Gerd von Massow.
- superbly detailed model
- interesting decals, machines of the ace pilots
- this version has never been on the market before in this quality
- available separately are the painting masks and CMK resin sets